How to link PAN with Aadhaar Card: For the purpose of making sure that the Income Tax Returns of applicants have been filed successfully, technically there are two major things that the regular taxpayer should ideally be taking care of – first is to ensure that the Aadhaar number is linked with PAN card and the next is to quote their Aadhaar number in proper Income Tax Returns.
Income Tax Act’s Section 139AA was implemented as of July 1st, 2017 and according to that, every person eligible for obtaining Aadhaar is mandated to quote his or her Aadhaar number at the time of applying for their PAN or filing their return of income.
When someone applies for a new PAN card, they will be asked to furnish their Aadhaar number. Using this, the government will be able to identify the true PAN holder through the Aadhaar number. In addition to that, linking Aadhaar with ITR and PAN card helps to strengthen the rules which are set in place concerning cash related transactions in the period post demonetization.
How to Link Pan With Aadhaar Card
Importance of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
Both the Aadhaar and the PAN cards are unique identification cards to prove the identification required to be registered and checked.
All companies have been urged by the government to bind PAN cards to Adhaar cards. For the following purposes, this is done:
Prevent Tax Evasion:
The government can keep tabs of taxable transactions of an individual or entity whose identity and address is verified through its Aadhaar card by linking the Adhaar cards to PAN cards. In turn, this ensures that the government records any taxable transaction or operation.
The government would therefore now be able to document in detail all financial transactions, which draw taxes to each entity and make tax evasion a thing of the past.
Multiple PAN Cards:
Another explanation of why PAN is connected to Aadhaar is because it reduces the incidence of individuals or entities who apply for several PAN cards to escape taxes and defrauding government.
A business can use one of its cards for a collection of financial transactions and pay taxes on those transactions by applying for more than a PAN card. The other PAN card may meanwhile be used in the accounts or transactions the company would like to hide in the Income Tax Department so that tax is not paid.
The government would attach the PAN to Aadhaar card to the identity of an individual through its Aadhaar card and would then be able to provide information of all financial transactions by means of the PAN card in connections. If multiple PAN cards are registered under the same name, the government may recognise and take corrective action.
How to link the pan card to Adhar card?
For issuing this card, there is no age limit. For this card, the whole country is allowed.
Here are the steps that can be followed to link Aadhaar Card with PAN card
- The user or applicant has to go to the Income Tax e-Filing website so as to link their PAN card and Aadhaar card.
- They have to then enter their PAN card and their Aadhaar number in the form.
- They have to enter their name as that mentioned in their respective Aadhaar cards.
- In case only their birth year is mentioned on their Aadhaar card, they have to tick the allotted square for that.
- Then they have to enter the captcha code mentioned in the page in an image for verification.
- Then they have to click on the option called “Link Aadhaar”.
- A pop-up message will then appear which will indicate that their Aadhaar Card has successfully been linked with their PAN.
In order to link their Aadhar Card to PAN Card using SMS, the applicants have to follow these steps:
- The applicants have to type a message as per the format: UIDPAN <12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- They have to send the message to either 567678 or 56161 from their respective registered mobile numbers
- For example, in case their Aadhaar number is 123456789101 and their PAN number is ABCDE789Z, they have to type UIDPAN 123456789101 ABCDE789Z and they have to send the message to either 567678 or 56161
This is how the Aadhaar Card can be linked to PAN
Apart from this, it is very crucial to keep in mind that Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents for an Indian citizen, and hence, it is your sole responsibility to safeguard your Aadhaar card, else it might be misused by hackers who might steal your information.
So, even while updating any detail of your Aadhaar Card, you need to ensure that you don’t share the details and the EID, UID or OTP in any case, with any third party person or vendor so that you can keep your details safe.
Benefits of having Aadhaar card
- If the client has connected the Aadhaar card to the saving account, then he / she will be applicable to the saving account with zero balance.
- User must obtain a RuPay card to withdraw money from ATM services.
- Getting an Aadhaar card is a golden chance that the client can get the Passport in just 10 days.
- Subsidy deposited to save the user’s account when buying the LPG cylinder and certain items such as kerosene, sugar, rice, etc.