Aadhar Card Self Update: In case you might have missed some detail while updating your Aadhar Card, and you want to update it, look no further. The Unique Identification Authority of India has made it easier for people to get their Aadhar card updated or corrected both online and offline.
If you follow the below-mentioned steps below you can easily update your Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID all by yourself.
Aadhar Card Self Update
For Updating Aadhar Card Details Online:
You can follow these steps to change the details of your Aadhar card online:
- You have to first visit the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
- If you have valid address proof ready and with you, you can click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window of the site, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in enter your twelve-digit Aadhar number which you already might have
- Then you have to enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP
- An OTP will then be sent to the mobile number that you have registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhar account for the update
- Click for the tick on the Address option and click on the Submit button
- Then you have to enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and then click on the“Submit Update Request” button
- If you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option
- Now you have to tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- You then have to select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof as PDF and click on the “Submit” button
- Then you have to click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit
- The BPO service provider has the role to inspect if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forward your request to UIDAI.
- Your update request is then accepted after verification and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you
- This Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN). Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
For Updating Aadhar Card Offline via Post:
- You can also get your Aadhar Card details updated offline by sending the request through the post to UIDAI by following these steps:
- You have to visit https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf and download the “Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form”
- You have to manually fill the required details which you wish to change in your Aadhar card.
- Then, you have to get the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the form.
- Lastly, you need to send the form along with documents to any one of the postal addresses as mentioned below:
Address 1: UIDAI Post Box No. 10,
- Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Address 2: UIDAI Post Box No. 99,
- Banjara Hills,
- Hyderabad – 500034,
UIDAI made it simpler for people to update or correct their Aadhar card online as well as offline. Here are brief Aadhar card update or correction procedures, by which citizens can quickly change and correct their e Aadhaar card data. By visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment / Update Centre, follow the steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email I d on the Aadhaar card online and offline.
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre:
You can get details of their Aadhar updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill out the form to correct Aadhaar.
- Make sure that you enter the correct information, and not the one mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get auto-tested versions of proofs validating your submission for an upgrade.
- Send in the form along with your papers.
- On any such visit to the Enrolment Center, you need to pay an Rs. 25 fees on changes or corrections.
- You will change all your information at the enrolment center including your biometric info, photograph, mobile number, etc.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online:
Typically a person on the Aadaar card may change his / her address, name, date of birth, gender, mobile number, and email Id. To adjust your Aadhaar card information online, please follow these measures to update/alter / correct:
Step 1. Visit the site of Aadhaar Self Service Upgrade and click on “Check your Email Address”.
Step 2. If you have a clear proof of identity, press “Start Updating Username”.
Step 3. Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number in the new tab, and press “Return OTP” or “Accept TOTP”.
Step 4. The mobile number registered in the UIDAI database will be sent to an OTP.
Step 5. To sign in to your Aadhaar account use this OTP. Alternatively, you should authenticate using the TOTP function.
Step 6. Select either the option “Address update by Address Proof” or the option “Address update vis Secret Code”.
Step 7. Enter your address provided in the Proof of Address (PoA) and press the “Preview” tab.
Step 8. Click the “Modify” choice to tick the declaration and press the “Send” button if you want to update your address.
Step 9. To check, pick the form of paper you want to send as PoA and upload the scanned copy of the proof of the address and click on the button “Submit”
Step 10. Your request for the Aadhaar update is approved and a 14-digit URN is created.
Step 11. Using the Upgrade Request Number (URN) to test the status of a modification to the Aadhaar address.
How to Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof:
If you do not have a legitimate document verification, you may change your current residential address in your Aadhaar Card with the aid of the address verifier’s permission and authentication (which could be your family member, relative, landlord, etc.) that helps you to use your address as evidence.
You can request the ‘Address Validation Letter’ to update your address in Aadhaar without a document.