Aadhar Card Password: Aadhar card is issued to the citizens of India by the Unique Identification Authority of India (under the Government of India) in 2009. This is a twelve digit verification number.
This card is one of the most vital documents of an Indian citizen so as to provide them with a universal identification number and so, this is linked to all the official documents of an Indian citizen. There is no age limit for getting an Aadhar Card – all people starting from a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can avail the facilities of an Aadhar Card.
Not many people were comfortable with the data providing and data verification processes initially and there were certain technical issues as well. And Aadhar Card was manually handed over to the applicants back then – probably to the head of the particular household.
Aadhar Card Password (How To Open PDF File?)
But today, UIDAI has launched an E-Aadhar portal which provides the provision of downloading Aadhar card online after going through the registration process. This is a rather simple and effective measure, thus allowing easy access for the applicants.
Despite that, not many people are aware of the process of downloading their Aadhar cards, especially when it comes to entering the passport prior to accessing it.
So, here we will be giving you the steps to enter the password for your Aadhar Card.
You can access the Aadhar Card in a simple and free of cost manner by just following the steps mentioned below.
1. You have to first visit the official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) and click the ‘Download Aadhar’ option. You will then be redirected to another page and you will reach the page.
2. Enter your Aadhar number or enrolment ID in the spaces provided for the same and click then click on ‘Aadhar’ next to ‘I have’ tick mark.
3. Then you have to enter the required details like Name, Pin Code and registered mobile number – which are the pre-requisites for any Aadhar card.
4. Then there is a Catcher Code which you have to fill.
5. Then you will get the option “Get One Time Password”. After clicking on that, you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number. This is to validate your phone number.
6. Then you can enter the OTP in the box mentioned and then you can click on the option of ‘Validate & Download’.
7. After you finish doing this, the Aadhar card will be shown on the computer screen. The card will be available for you in PDF format and it will be password protected as well.
8. In this case, the password is the Pin Code of your residential area which you mentioned in your Aadhar registration steps. So, it is mandatory that you know the PIN code properly.
9. Just ensure that your computer must contain the Adobe PDF Reader installed in it. Otherwise, you might not able to open or access the file due to lack of availability of a PDF Reader in your device.
This is how you can enter the password to access your Aadhar Card. (Aadhar Card Password).
Why is the Password Required?
UIDAI keeps your E-Aadhaar file a password-protected PDF file because PDF is generally considered a safe digital file format and if the same is protected by a password, the security cover of the file increases. To summarize, a combination of the first four letters of your name written in CAPITALS (Name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card) and your Year of Birth (in YYYY format) is your Aadhaar card PDF password or simply your Aadhaar card password.
Benefits of E-Aadhaar Card:
If your Aadhaar card has been stolen or lost you can visit the above listed online connect quite easily and access the same for your ease and safety. This file that you use is called E-Aadhaar.
An advantage of E-Aadhaar is that it shows the current reports of the Aadhaar alerts. So if you decide to update some Aadhaar details online and then you want your updated Aadhaar card, you don’t need to visit the UIDAI approved centers to allow the use of your Aadhaar card offline, you can access the new version of your Aadhaar card from anywhere, by downloading the Aadhaar Card online through the E-Aadhaar card at any time. The Aadhaar card is named an E-Aadhaar as already stated.
Come back to the topic of E-Aadhaar, we know that when downloaded, E-Aadhaar is a PDF file that is also password protected for the privacy and security of the cardholder’s records. That password is a combination of your name’s first four letters written in CAPITALS (Name as stated in the Aadhaar card) and Year of Birth (in YYYY format).
India’s government is gradually and progressively merging and connecting all of its details and knowledge to the Aadhaar Card database. Because Aadhaar is genuinely special to an individual, it gives the government and all its functionaries a holistic all-round view of an individual by connecting it to the life, job, and financial profile of an individual. This helps the authorities to gauge a person’s profile correctly.
And essentially, Aadhaar, as the name implies, is supposed to take over for all Indian persons as a common identification card and then add smooth uniformity into the scheme. To facilitate this, the government has built a program that enables you to access Aadhaar online, with ease and convenience. You can download and print your Aadhaar card via E-Aadhaar and then use a combination of the first four letters of your name written in CAPITALS (Name as specified in the Aadhaar card) and Year of Birth (in YYYY format) to open the Aadhaar PDF file as this is your Aadhaar PDF password or simply your Aadhaar Card password.