Aadhar Card Edit: When Aadhar Card was launched in 2009, not many people were comfortable with the data providing and data verification processes, and there were certain technical issues as well.
Most people make some or the other error in filling their Aadhar Card details. So, the Unique Identification Authority of India has made it easier for people to get their Aadhar card edited both online and offline.
So, please follow the below-mentioned steps below to edit Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID on the Aadhar card.
Aadhar Card Edit
To edit Aadhar Card Details Online:
You can follow these steps to edit the details of your Aadhar card online:
- First, you have to visit the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
- If you have valid address proof ready and with you, you can click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window of the site, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update enter your twelve-digit Aadhar number which you already might have
- Then you have to enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP
- An OTP will then be sent to the mobile number that you have registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhar account for the update
- Click for the tick on the Address option and click on the Submit button
- Then you have to enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and then click on the“Submit Update Request” button
- If you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option
- Now you have to tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- You then have to select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof as PDF and click on the “Submit” button
- Then you have to click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit
- The BPO service provider has the role to inspect if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forward your request to UIDAI.
- Your update request is then accepted after verification and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you
- This Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN). Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
Updating data on Aadhaar:
Registered Mobile Number:
Registered mobile number is essential for accessing Aadhaar Online Services
You can check your mobile number which was declared at the time of registration or during the latest update to Aadhaar information.
Verify Mobile Number:
If you have not registered your Mobile number while registering for Aadhaar, you must visit the Permanent Enrolment Center to register.
Enabling Aadhaar for a variety of services such as Government & Non-Government Services, Subsidy Benefits, Pensions, Scholarships, Social Benefits, Banking Services, Insurance Services, Taxation Services, Education, Employment, Health Care, etc., makes it essential to ensure that Aadhaar data stored in the CIDR is accurate and up-to-date.
Demographic data update, the need could arise from:
Changes in events in life, such as marriage, can lead residents to change their basic demographic information such as name and address. Due to relocation to newer areas, address and mobile number may also change. Residents will also want changes to the details of their family due to changes in life events such as marriage, a relative’s death etc. Residents may also have other personal reasons for changing their mobile number, email address etc.
Changes in different service delivery systems will lead residents to changes in declaration requests and add mobile number to the CIDR etc.
Errors created during the enrolment process in which the demographic data of the citizen may have been wrongly recorded. Changes to the fields “DoB / Age” and “Sex” are anticipated mainly due to errors in the enrollment.
Since a resident can enroll anywhere in India, it may happen that a language “A” native speaker is enrolled by a language “B” operator, and thus the local enrolment language of the resident is “B.” Later, the citizen will choose to change the local enrolment language to another language he/she prefers. If this is the case, all demographic details printed on the Aadhaar letter must be revised in the latest local language.
UIDAI may also assess the availability and quality of POI, POA, and other documents collected at the time of registration/update, and decide to notify residents of updating their demographic details and send the necessary document.
Biometric update, the need could arise from:
Age < 5 years at the time of initial enrolment-The child should be re-enrolled when the child reaches 5 years of age and all biometric information should be given. At this point, a de-duplication will be made for the boy. This request will be dealt with similar to a new application though keeping the original Aadhaar number
Age between 5 and 15 at the time of enrolment-The The resident will include all biometrics for updates when the resident hits age 15.
Age > 15 years at registration-Residents are urged to update their biometric data every 10 years.
Events such as accidents or illnesses which lead to a biometric exemption.
When the Aadhaar authentication service becomes universal, residents can also approach for biometric updates due to failures in authentication (called false rejections – where a correct resident with a valid Aadhaar number may be wrongly rejected) that may result from incorrect biometric capture or poor biometric quality captured at the time of enrollment. With technical advances, biometrics of better quality can be captured in the CIDR.
To Edit Aadhar Card Offline via Post:
You can also get your Aadhar Card details updated offline by sending the request through the post to UIDAI by following these steps:
- You have to visit https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf and download the “Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form”
- You have to manually fill the required details which you wish to change in your Aadhar card.
- Then, you have to get the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the form.
Lastly, you need to send the form along with documents to any one of the postal addresses as mentioned below:
Address 1: UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Address 2: UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India