Aadhar Card Correction: Aadhar card is for every Resident of India. From a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can enroll for Aadhar. The Aadhar card it’s an important document. There might be some Aadhar details are entered incorrectly in the government’s system.
However, the wrong information on the Aadhar card causes unwanted hassles and hence, it needs to be fixed as early as possible. It is essential t for everyone to keep Aadhar data correct and remains updated always. Wrong details may lead you to face many problems. Any mistakes in the document should be corrected without any delay.
Aadhar Card Correction
The UIDAI has provided online tools to help people for making changes in Aadhar card like changes in their address, phone numbers, and other details.
There are two ways to update the Aadhar card details:
- Online process
- Off-line process
Aadhar Card Correction Using Online Process :
- Go to the UIDAI official portal.
- Click on tab AADHAR UPDATE
- Then click on UPDATE AADHAR CARD DETAILS.
- It will redirect you to the new page.
- Enter your Aadhar card number & click on SEND OTP.
- Once you received OTP, enter the OTP & login.
- A new page will appear, select the field you want to update such as name, date of birth, gender & address etc.
- Recheck your filled details & upload supporting document and then click on submit button.
- After the process completed you will get acknowledgment slip.
- Print the acknowledgment slip for future reference.
Aadhar Card Correction Using Off-line Process:
- Visit nearest Aadhar enrolment center.
- Fill the form & tick what you want the update.
- You also can update biometric details.
- Don’t forget to carry a related document.
- After the process completed they will give you acknowledgment slip print, keep the acknowledgment slip safe for future reference.
Do’s When Filling Aadhar Correction Form
- Providing your mobile number is mandatory for any updates or corrections.
- Use Capital letters only, while filling the form.
- The form should be filled in English as well as the local language used in the Aadhar.
- Ensure that the form is filled only with current details and not with old or invalid information
- Ensure the complete address is entered since the updated Aadhar letter will be sent to the particular address
- When self-attesting the attached supporting documents, the name of the resident must be clearly mentioned below the signatures or thumbprints.
- Supporting documents should be provided at the time of update or correction.
Don’ts When Filling Aadhar Correction Form
- Don’t use Mr / Dr / Col etc.
Do not fill any incorrect information, if so form may lead to rejection of the application.
Above those processes, you can easily update your details. It will take maximum 10-15 days to get the updated Aadhar card. The Aadhar letter with updates will be sent to your address when the process is completed. Nowadays Aadhar card becomes a very important document. So keep it updated for future benefits.
Benefits of Aadhaar Card:
Every Indian citizen who serves as proof of identification in any part of the country is issued an Aadhaar number by the Indian government. As listed below, getting an Aadhaar card offers a number of benefits:
Aadhaar is an identity card that has been accepted by both government and non-governmental organizations although it is not a citizenship document. It not only has photographs of the card holder but also includes biometric information such as fingerprints and the iris image. Aadhaar card also contains a QR code that can be scanned to check if the details contained in the card are correct.
Aadhar card provides a residential address for the Cardholder. It can also be used as proof of citizenship for various governmental and nongovernmental verification processes. Aadhaar is also considered a legitimate proof of residency when applying for various financial products such as capital market investments, mutual funds, home loans , personal loans, credit cards etc.
The government has made it mandatory for people to link their bank accounts to Aadhaar in order to benefit from subsidies under different schemes. For schemes such as Pahal, Atal Pension Yojna, kerosene subsidy, school subsidy, food subsidies, etc., to receive the subsidy directly on the bank account.
These days, Aadhaar has been, along with PAN, a key document to open bank accounts. These days the banks need only the Aadhaar Card and PAN to open the bank account of the applicant. Jan Dhan accounts, too, require Aadhaar from the applicant. However, linking your bank account to an Aadhar card isn’t necessary.
Income Tax Department made connecting Aadhaar to PAN compulsory for taxpayers. Aadhaar would now be needed when paying income tax and filing returns otherwise the request for ITR from the taxpayer will not be processed. The time limit for Aadhaar to connect with PAN has been extended until 30 June 2022.
Nearly all telecom companies have telephone connections when they accept Aadhaar as proof of identity/address. Once Aadhaar has been issued, the connection will be enabled within the shortest possible time.
People have to have their Aadhaar to get a new gas connection. If you want to use a subsidy on your current gas connection, you will need to fill out the KYC form and connect Aadhaar with your bank account directly to your Pahal (DBTL) account.
For mutual fund investments, you could use the Aadhar Card earlier to complete e-KYC, as mandated by SEBI. Although the previous e-KYC process is no longer operational, if you have your Aadhar passport, the process of opening an investment account is simplified.
False information on the Aadhar token, however, is causing unnecessary hassles and hence it needs to be corrected as soon as possible. Keeping Aadhar data correct is important for all, and is always updated. False information will get you faced with many problems. Any errors in the document should be corrected without further delay.