Aadhar Card Application: Aadhar is every Indian citizen right. The first Aadhar card was issued on 29 Sep 2010 to a resident of Nandurbar, Maharashtra. Till now there is more than 120 Crore Aadhar card issued.
Aadhar is a unique identification number (UID). It helps to eliminate fake identities. The government now made Aadhar card mandatory for every Indian citizen for availing any government facilities.
Aadhar Card Application
The Aadhar card is it among the essential documents you should have as an Indian citizen. It is so important due to the fact that the many financial institutions and mobile service providers require their customers to link their accounts with Aadhar card. Government benefits will be transferred to Aadhar linked accounts of specific beneficiaries and not otherwise.
Applying for the Aadhar Card:
- Find an Aadhar Enrolment Centre near you.
- To find Aadhar Enrolment Centres near you. Click here
- You can also fill the form online.
- You can also fill the form offline at Aadhar Enrolment Centre
- Submit the form along with supporting documents such as the identity proof and the address proof to your nearest Aadhar Enrolment Centre.
- After all the documents are accepted, Biometric data will be uploaded includes your fingerprints and iris scan.
- Your photograph is also taken for Aadhar card.
- Collect the 14-digit enrolment number acknowledgment slip. It is used to check Aadhar card status.
Documents required for Aadhar Card:
The Get Your E-Aadhar necessary documents required for the Aadhar card, Such as a proof for citizenship, age proof, address proof, marriage proof (if you are married), etc. These documents can be a passport, voter ID, driving license, Birth certificate etc.
E-Aadhar is a download copy of the Aadhar card. To get the E-Aadhar card online you can follow these steps:
Download E-Aadhar card by enrolment number:
- Go to the Aadhar Card official website.
- Fill the form using with enrolment number.
- Enter the date and time as mentioned in the acknowledgment slip.
- Enter your name, pin code of your area, and registered mobile number with Aadhar card.
Download E-Aadhar card by Aadhar card number:
- Go to the Aadhar Card official website.
- Fill the form using with Aadhar card number.
- Enter your name, pin code, and mobile number.
- When the above steps are completed the OTP (One Time Password) will be generated, Enter the OTP & that will help you in downloading a colored version of the Aadhar letter which is as valid as the Aadhar card.
The Acknowledgement slip should be kept safely till you get your Aadhar card. It can take up to 90 days (3 months), for the Aadhar card to be sent to your residential address. The card will be sent via India Post.
Aadhar card number is an important document issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). All the monetary benefit of government schemes, pension benefits, LPG subsidy is transferred to the Aadhar linked bank accounts of the individuals. If you are one of those who hasn’t applied for Aadhar card yet, it’s the time to do. (Aadhar Card Application).
Why is a mobile number update required in Aadhaar?
There are a few important reasons why you need to update or add your mobile number and they can be briefly listed as below:
- Department of Income Tax has initiated a move for linking your Aadhaar number to your PAN. By visiting the official revenue tax filing website you can connect both. Cases where your name matches perfectly in Aadhaar and PAN, then no OTP is needed. But if your name isn’t close to the two records of your Aadhaar and PAN, you ‘d need to search the Aadhaar OTP, which would only come with your registered mobile number in your Aadhaar.
- Another instance where the mobile is needed is where you don’t want the trouble of submitting your income tax return offline but want e-filing returns that will be absolutely paperless, then again you’d need to authenticate the Aadhaar OTP that will be sent to your registered Aadhaar mobile number.
- India’s government has taken yet another step to put it under one umbrella, connecting your Aadhaar number to your mobile phone. All telecommunications service providers will have to link their phone numbers with their Aadhaar and complete authentication using an e-KYC protocol.
- Updating your newest mobile number with the Aadhaar database will help you complete all e-KYC procedures required.
PF withdrawal and other PF-related services with EPFO would become a simple task if your Aadhaar is linked to your PF account, for which you will again need to include your mobile number.
- Empowering Aadhaar for various services such as Government & Non-Government Services, Subsidy Benefits, Pensions, Social Benefits, Banking Scholarships, Healthcare Insurance Services, Education, Taxation Services, Jobs, etc. makes it important to ensure that the resident’s Aadhaar data, including the mobile number stored in the CIDR-Central Identity Data Repoint, is kept in place.
Verify Mobile Number:
If at the time of registration for Aadhaar you do not have your registered mobile number, you need to visit a Permanent Enrolment Center to register it in your Aadhaar record.
One essential facility UIDAI provides is the verification of Aadhaar mobile number, through which you can easily verify your mobile number. The important point to remember is that before verifying your mobile number, you must register the same in your Aadhaar records on https:/resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile.
Users can download the Aadhar from any of the procedures provided and it is password-protected when downloading the Aadhar PDF. UIDAI has provided the new format for Aadhar password and for the user’s details it lists various patterns based on the candidates’ name and date of birth below. The Aadhar PDF password is of 8 characters with the combination of Your Name and Year of Birth first four letters in YYYY format.