Aadhaar Card Status by Mobile Number: Aadhaar card is the twelve digits unique identification number issued to the citizens of India by Unique Identification Authority of India (under the Government of India) in 2009.
This card is one of the most vital documents of an Indian citizen so as to provide them with a universal identification number and so, this is linked to all the official documents of an Indian citizen. There is no age limit for getting an Aadhaar Card – all people starting from a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can avail the facilities of an Aadhaar Card.
Aadhaar Card has an official website where all the details of the same can be found and that site is also controlled by the Unique Identification Authority of India. You can check the site at www.uidai.gov.in.
Aadhaar Card Status by Mobile Number
In the paradigm shift towards a wholly digital India, the Aadhaar Card is playing a vital role in the Know Their Customer (KYC) initiatives of various online payment platforms like AmazonPay and PayTM. In addition to that, it is also mandatory information across all educational and business institutions because it helps in maintaining a unique record for every individual.
The process of registration of Aadhaar Card involves many biometric tests to store a person’s biometric data for identification and it also involves rigorous data entry and data verification processes starting from the nitty-gritty like all the basic details such as name, address, pin code, phone number, blood group and so on. This is manually done in Aadhaar Enrollment Centers across all cities.
When a customer or user gets his or her Aadhaar Acknowledgement Slip, they can check the status of their Aadhaar card online as well as offline. The only thing they have to do is to just provide their respective Aadhaar enrolment numbers so as to track their respective UIDAI Aadhar statuses. In this article, we will be covering the points on how they can check their Aadhaar card enrollment status online.
How to check Aadhaar Card status by using the mobile number?
- First of all, the customers or users have to type this into their messaging app on their respective mobiles: SMS “UID STATUS <14 digit enrolment number>”
- Then they have to send it to 51969
- If the Aadhaar Card has been generated, then the applicant will receive an SMS
- This SMS will be containing the user’s Aadhaar number
- If not, then an SMS will be sent to the applicant’s mobile number
- This SMS will include the current status of the user’s Aadhaar
That being said, it is very important to keep in mind that Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents for an Indian citizen, and hence, it is their sole responsibility to safeguard their Aadhaar card, else it might be misused by hackers who might steal their information.
So, even while updating any detail of their Aadhaar Card, they need to ensure that they don’t share the details and the EID, UID or OTP in any case, with any third party person or vendor so that they can keep their details safe.
Locate a local Enroll / Upgrade hub:
To enroll for Aadhaar, you would be asked to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center for yourself or your family member. If your Aadhaar demographic details (name , address, doB, gender, mobile number, email) are not up-to – date, you can update the same by visiting an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Aadhaar holders kids (who turned 15) or those who need to update Biometrcis data-Fingerprints, Iris & Photographs are also needed to visit an Enrolment Centre. Please get legitimate documentation showing the Code.
Book your Appointment.
This facility (pilot) is for the reservation of an Aadhaar Seva Kendra appointment for the Aadhaar facilities mentioned below:
- Fresh Aadhaar enrollment.
- Name change.
- Mobile no. Update.
- Email ID Update.
- Birthdate update.
- Gender Update.
- Biometric update (Photo + Fingerprints + Iris).
Check your Aadhaar Status Online:
Check if your Aadhaar is created or modified (in case you have changed your Aadhaar status at the Enrolment / Update center by following easy steps below).
- The EID is shown at the top of your registration/update acknowledgment slip and includes 14 digit registration number (1234/12345/12345) and 14 digit registration date and time (dd / mm / yyyy hh: mm: ss); Together, these 28 digits shape your Enrolment ID (EID).
- In case you lose EID, your registered mobile number will recover missing or forgotten EID.
- Click here to join the EID As shown in the acknowledgment slip, you need to enter EID and Date & time.
- Click the “Status Test” icon to know the state.
Without registered mobile number or if you change your mobile number:
- To change your mobile number/register a new mobile phone, please visit Aadhaar Kendra nearest to.
- If you have not registered your mobile phone, you may still know the status, and send SMS as described in the above process.
- You should get your Aadhaar enrolment status.
- Aadhaar number (if generated) is not passed on to an unregistered mobile number.
Your registered Mobile Number / Email you issued at the time of registration is necessary to recover the missing UID / EID you got.
You should also check the email / mobile number to see whether or not it is registered.
Unless you have not entered your mobile number when applying for Aadhaar, you will visit a Permanent Enrolment Center for verification.
You are expected to update it in your Aadhaar as soon as possible if you have modified your mobile number or want to adjust the registered account. No documentation needed for upgrading Mobile and Email.