Aadhar card is an important identity proof required for every Indian. Doesn’t matter whether you are a child or an adult you need to have an aadhar card. Once you have applied for a new aadhar card, it will take at least one to three months to generate the identity card and deliver it you by post. Meanwhile, you can check the status of your application online. In case if your UIDAI number is generated, then you can download e-aadhar card online.
Check Aadhar Card Status
Here are the steps to check the status online
- You will need the enrolment Id (EID) and the date & time to check the status of your application.
- The enrolment id is a 14 digit number and the format of the EID looks like 1234/56789/12345.
- The format of date and time is DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss and this also a 14 digit number.
- You can find this enrolment id and the date printed on the acknowledgment slip.
- Open the resident.uidai (https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status) portal in your browser.
- Enter the EID, date and then solve the captcha. After that click on the Check status button to know the status of your UIDAI application.
In case if you have lost your enrolment id, then follow the below steps to retrieve the EID. The process is same for getting lost aadhar number.
Retrieve Lost Enrolment ID or Aadhar Number
The enrolment id is sent your mobile number/ Email. So you need to have the mobile number/ Email ID registered with UIDAI application. Otherwise, you cannot get the enrolment id or aadhar number.
- Open the UIDAI website (https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/find-uid-eid) in your browser.
- On the left side, you will find an option to select either UID/EID. Select which one you want to get.
- Enter your personal details like name, email/mobile and then solve the captcha. Click on the “Send one time password” button.
- On the right side, you have an option to enter the OTP received to your mobile/email. Then your EID/UID will be sent to your mobile/email.
Checking the status of aadhar card is very helpful for you. By checking the status, if you came to know that your UID is generated and you didn’t received it. Then you can download e copy of your UIDAI number and use it as a proof for applying a passport or for any other purpose.