The Aadhar card Centre: The Aadhar Enrolment Centres are entities that have been given the responsibility of enrolling residents for Aadhar card by collecting their demographic and biometric data in conformation with the UIDAI enrolment process. The Aadhar card enrolment centers are operated by enrolment agencies engaged with registrars.
The primary objective of Aadhar enrolment center is to enroll new applicants for Aadhar card and provide assistance to Aadhar card holders for updating their Aadhar details and other facilities. All tasks carried out at Aadhar enrolment centers are free of cost for the first time whereas a nominal fee is applicable to some of the tasks and the rates are set by the UIDAI.
The Aadhar Card Centre
Currently, there are more than 25000 Aadhar Enrolment centers in the country. In addition to government offices, public and private banks have also set up the centers in their branches with the government planning to increase their numbers to 12000 bank Aadhar centers. This will ensure the centers are set up in secure places and minimize the risk of fraud or misuse of authority.
Two types of Aadhar card enrolment centres:
- Permanent Aadhar Enrolment Centres.
- Temporary Aadhar Enrolment Centres.
Permanent Aadhar Enrolment Centres:
These Aadhar centers are operated strictly by authorized agencies on a full-time basis. They assist the residents to enroll for their Aadhar cards as well as update any necessary personal details included in the Aadhar.
Temporary Aadhar Enrolment Centres:
These Aadhar centers are operated by non-impaneled agencies and mostly deal with the Enrolment of fresh Aadhar cards.
The services available in Aadhar centers:
- Enrolment of Aadhar card for residents.
- Provision of duplicate Aadhar card and Aadhar numbers to those who may have lost or forgotten theirs.
- Updating any details in the Aadhar card.
- Linking a mobile number and email id to an Aadhar card so as to access the Aadhar card online services.
To find the nearest Aadhar card center:
- Go to the UIDAI’S website.
- Click on Locate Enrolment & Update centers in other cites option.
- Select the state, pin code in search box option.
- Enter your personal details such as district, sub-district, village, and town.
- Select the checkbox option to only find permanent Aadhar centers.
- Enter the code and click on the search button and wait for the Aadhar card centers to be displayed.
The official website of UIDAI can also be used to book online appointments to the Aadhar Enrolment center of your choice. During Aadhar card Enrolment, one has to carries documents to act as proof of identity. If you want to check Aadhar Card Status here.
- Children can only set up their biometrics after attaining 5 years and have to repeat the biometric data submission process when they turn 15 years old.
- The biometric data which is submitted is permanent and is meant to be in your Aadhar card for life.
- Aadhar Enrolment is free to all residents, however updating of details on an established Aadhar costs nominal fees.
- One can check the Aadhar Enrolment and updating the status on the official website of UIDAI or the UIDAI helpline no: 1947.
- The Aadhar Enrolment form and Aadhar updating forms can be downloaded from the official website of UIDAI.
- At Aadhar Enrolment center residents are required to carry original documents to verify their personal information.