Eaadhar Card Download Online 2019: Aadhaar is a 12-digit number issued by the government of India. Unique Identification Authority of India is a statutory authority for Aadhaar card.
This authority is established on 12th July 2016 and comes under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
The Aadhaar number is linked to the residentís basic demographic and biometric information like a photograph, ten fingers, and two iris scans. These are stored in a central database. Initially, the UIDAI was established by the government of India in January 2009.
Interesting Facts about an eAadhaar card
1. Aadhaar is an individual identification issued with a purpose to establish a unique identity of an individual. This number issued by UIDAI on behalf of Government of India.
2. Aadhaar is a number which serves as a proof of identity and address in all over India.
3. The main objective of the project is to collect the biometric like photograph, iris-scan, fingerprints and demographic data of individuals.
4. All information is stored in the central database and a unique 12-digit identity number is issued for each resident.
5. Aadhaar is meant for an individual, so every member of the family needs a separate one.
6. Aadhaar is a voluntary document and individual who is interested in having an Aadhaar number can apply or enroll to get Aadhaar number.
7. Only one Aadhaar can be issued in favor of an individual, no one can get multiple unique ID numbers.
8. Aadhaar is issued for the full lifetime of an individual and donít require to change or renew from time-to-time.
9. You can get an Aadhaar number without paying anything
10. Multiple uses like, Open a bank account, booking e-tickets, applying for a passport, etc.
Uses of an Aadhaar Card
1. Aadhaar is an identity proof cum address proof.
2. You have to enroll once in a lifetime for an Aadhaar card.
3. Get an Aadhaar without paying anything.
4. Since it is a unique identity and helpful in various government schemes and works as an identity proof.
5. Aadhaar is easily verifiable.
6. It eliminates the various fake identities in government records.
7. It is a random number irrespective of area, religion, locality, caste, creed, religion, etc.
How to get an Aadhaar Card
Any individual can apply for Aadhaar card it is a voluntary right of a citizen of India. The process of Aadhaar card takes a little time to get it. One should not ignore the opportunity to get an Aadhaar card.
To get an Aadhaar card you need to visit the enrollment center near your area and submit the details required documents and biometric data. The actual process of getting an Aadhaar card start from you apply for an appointment to visit the center to submit the details for the same.
The center will get the details, verify the details and you get the Aadhaar card. This process is explained in detail.
Here we are assuming that you have all the documents to apply for an Aadhaar card. You need to book an appointment and visit the enrollment center. Book your appointment on the official website i.e. uidai.gov.in
1. Find the enrollment center near to your place
2. After finding the enrollment center book an appointment online.
3. If you are able to book an appointment, you can visit the center directly. But booking an appointment save your time.
4. On the time of appointment, you must ensure that you must be punctual. Otherwise, you will miss your appointment.
5. Here you need to fill an enrollment form. However, you can fill this form before going to an appointment as it is available online.
6. After filling the form, submit your documents along with that form.
7. The supporting documents are ID proof and address proof.
8. The documents are submitted they are accepted.
9. You need to submit your biometric data, it includes fingerprints and your iris.
10. They click your photograph for an Aadhaar card.
11. After finishing above an acknowledgment slip will be issued to you. It is a 14 digit enrollment number which is helpful to check the status of your application.
The Registrar-General of India which denies the need for citizens to enroll individually.
The places are: Arunachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep, Udupi, Gadag, Uttara Kannada, Haveri, Davangere, Bangalore rural, Chikkabalapur and Kodagu.
How to check the Aadhaar enrollment status online?
Go to the official website of UIDAI given above and use the enrollment number to check if you have been allotted an Aadhaar number or not. This process of checking an Aadhaar card is simple and can be done online.
How to check the Aadhaar status through SMS?
To check the Aadhaar status via an SMS visit the official website of UIDAI. Here you enter your enrollment number, date and time of your appointment and the registered mobile number.
How to get an e-Aadhaar Letter?
After the submission of the documents and biometric data, you will have to wait for some time to get your Aadhaar card. It will take 90 days (3 months) to get an Aadhaar card. The card will be sent to your address through Indian Post and it takes some little time to reach you due to the large volume of the people enrolled for an Aadhaar.
In case of the urgent requirement of the Aadhaar card, you can download the e-Aadhaar card. To download the same you need to follow the simple steps given below.
1. Visit the official website of UIDAI website
2. Go to e-Aadhaar section
3. You will see a form which can be filled using the Aadhaar number/ enrollment number
4. Fill your enrollment number.
5. Enter the date and time the same as appears in the acknowledgment slip
6. Enter your name and PINCODE of your area.
7. Enter your mobile number registered with Aadhaar card.
8. In case you have Aadhaar number you just need to enter that with your name, pin code, and mobile number.
9. Once you enter the details a One-time password (OTP) will generate. With the help of this you can download a colored version of the Aadhaar letter it is just a valid Aadhaar card.
Non-receipt of Aadhaar OTP?
The mobile number of an individual is a security aspect, whether you are looking for an Aadhaar or online banking. To manner in which the systems are designed to require the use of OTP. An OTP is generally sent to a registered mobile number of an individual.
The OTP helps the customer to check to proceed with their transaction. But there are some cases in which a customer donít receive the OTP. For example when you are making changes to your Aadhaar card information like age, name, address, etc. Maybe you are downloading the duplicate, you may not receive OTP because of some issue.
What are the reasons you may not have received Aadhaar card OTP?
1. The mobile number of applicant is not registered during the application for Aadhaar card.
2. Network issues are common these days.
3. The mobile sim is blocked.
4. There is not enough storage to receive a new SMS.
How to fix the problem in the absence of OTP?
As we mentioned above there are many reasons for nonreceipt of OTP. To fix the problem we need to discuss each and every case below.
A non-registered mobile number
While applying for a new Aadhaar, it is must to provide a valid mobile number. In case you fail to provide the mobile number you will not get OTP. So it is vital to get to provide a registered mobile number.
In case your mobile is inactive for one or two months, the mobile companies block it. You need to unblock that number to ensure to receive your OTP on your mobile.
In the absence of the network in your area, you will not get the OTP. It is essential that you are in good network coverage location before making a request for the OTP.
Mobile storage full
Some people donít delete the unnecessary messages and the storage of their phone remains full. That phones are unable to receive any message. You must ensure that your phone must have adequate space for the receipt of SMS with the OTP.
How to ensure that your application for Aadhaar is not rejected?
There can be chances that your application is rejected. This situation could happen in the absence of proper documents or have enrolled earlier. In case you donít receive an Aadhaar card and the status is rejected for the same. You need to reapply for the same.
You need to follow the same procedure as given above and complete the registration process.
What if an Aadhaar card is containing incorrect information?
Aadhaar card is created and maintained by a central agency to all the Indians. There are many chances of mistakes can be in the spelling, address, etc. If there is any information in Aadhaar card that needs to be corrected or updated due to misprint you need to follow the process mentioned below.
1. Steps to update the Aadhaar details
2. Log into the Aadhaar Self Service Portal i.e. uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
3. Enter your Aadhaar number in the field
4. Enter the text verification number that appears below the card number field
5. Generate OTP
6. You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
7. Use this login to your Aadhaar card account.
8. It is for the authentication purpose to ensure that the Aadhaar card details not to be manipulated by any other than the Aadhaar holder.
9. You will be directed to the page called the Data Update Request page. Here you must indicate the data which is incorrect on the card and how to want to update.
10. Make the changes carefully the information entered by you directly reflect on your Aadhaar card.
The next section is the Documents required in this section you will have to upload an official copy of the recognized document that validates the required changes. Simply if you need to change the spelling of your name in the application you have to submit ID proof for that.
Once you finish this, you need to move forward to BPO Service Provider Selection section here you have to choose the BPO service provider. Select Aegis or Karvy and submit.
After the submission of the request, you can download a copy of update verification.
How to update the Aadhaar card by Post?
1. Download the correction form from the official website of UIDAI.
2. Check the fields that need to be updated in the form
3. Fill all the details in capital letters only.
4. The information you want to update for example name, address, date of birth etc. You must submit self-attested it photocopies proof for that.
5. Mention the 12 digit Aadhaar number on each document issued by the UIDAI.
6. Put all the details in an envelope and seal it. Write clearly Aadhaar Update or correction on the envelope.
7. Write the address where you can post your form as per the selected language.
Tips to check is your Aadhaar card is active?
The Unique Identification Authority deactivated 81 Lakhs Aadhaar cards till date. There is various reason for rejections are found discrepancies in the biometric data or supporting documents.
How to check the status to your Aadhaar card?
1. Click the official website of UIDAI.
2. The screen will appear with an option Verify Aadhaar Number will take to you a new page.
3. Enter your Aadhaar number and fill the captcha and then verify.
4. A green mark will appear shows that your Aadhaar card is active.
How to deal if of your Aadhaar is inactive?
- Visit the nearest enrolment center with the supporting documents in case your Aadhaar card is inactive.
You have to fill the Aadhaar update form and your biometric will be re-verified and updated. Here you need to pay Rs.25 at the enrolment center for the same. A valid mobile number is mandatory to fill in the form.
- Remember the process of active Aadhaar card requires your physical presence at the enrolment center it cannot be done online or through the post. As you have to re-verify the biometrics.
- The enrollment center matches you old biometrics with the new biometrics with the Aadhaar number. In case both sets match only then the updating will be done.
How to enroll a child for an Aadhaar card?
- It is not mandatory for the kids to get an Aadhaar, but there is no harm to enrolling them for the same. It will be very helpful in the coming year.
- It helps a child in getting admission in the school, government scholarship. A kid can open a bank account or invest in mutual funds in their name while they are minor.
- To invest money in mutual funds a birth certificate of a child is required but some companies like Tata MF accepts Aadhaar number too.
How to get an Aadhaar for a kid less than 5 years old?
- Visit the enrollment center, fill the enrollment form and enclose the copy of the birth certificate with your own Aadhaar card.
Make sure you carry original as well as photocopies of the documents.
- There will be no biometrics for the age of fewer than 5 years. You need to give a photograph only.
- The Aadhaar card of the child is linked to the UID of his parents. There biometrics of ten fingers, iris and facial photograph will be updated once they turn 5 and 15.
- The Aadhaar card of a kid cannot be made if the parent doesnít have an Aadhaar first.
How to make the Aadhaar card for a child is over 5 years?
- Fill the enrolment form, enclose the date of birth certificate and School ID card.
- In case if a child is not enrolled in an educational institute, the parentís Aadhaar certificate with a photo by the gazetted officer on letterhead works as ID Proof.
- The biometric of ten fingers, iris, and facial photo will be taken at the time of enrolment. This procedure will be repeated again when they turn 15.
- The other procedure is the same as getting an Aadhaar card is similar to the Adult Aadhaar card.
- There is no separate classification made the UIDAI for Aadhaar card for a child. A citizen can obtain it at different ages. Yet, if you have got an Aadhaar card before 15 years of age you are required to give a photo and biometric for the same.
- In case later in your life, you see a problem like a fingerprint not matching due to old age then you can get it updated.
The Aadhaar issued to the children between 0-5 years is blue in color.
Benefits of an Aadhaar card?
- Direct benefit transfer of LPG subsidy
An Aadhaar number is used to get the LPG subsidy amount in the direct bank account. To get this benefit you need to visit your areaís distributor and get your Aadhaar to the 17 digit LPG consumer number.
- Quick Passport
Get your passport within 10 days under this scheme the police verification will be done at the later date as previously police verification was time-consuming. Now you can get your passport within 10 days.
- Voter card link
The Aadhaar number is to be linked to the Aadhaar card. This action is taken to eliminate fake voters. Once an Aadhaar card is linked, it is impossible to get multiple voter ID cards. The voter cardholder needs to be physically present and produce Aadhaar card to the polling booth officer for linking.
- Opening a bank account
Aadhaar is a valid proof to open a bank account. Actually, it serves as an ID and address proof for them. You need link your bank account with Aadhaar number.
- Digital life certificate
Aadhaar works as a Jeevan Praman for Pensioners now the pensioner donít need to physically present at Pension Disbursing Agency to get the pension.
How to link the Aadhaar card with your bank account?
The government of India is encouraging people to update Aadhaar card details with their respective bank account. Here we are going to mention some methods which are applicable in almost all banks.
There are two methods of linking the Aadhaar with Bank Account explained below.
- e aadhar
- e aadhar card download
- e aadhar password
- uidai aadhar download
- eaadhar.uidai.gov in
- reissue aadhar card
- uidai gov check your aadhaar status
- aadhar card download by aadhaar number only
- uidai aadhar update
Update the eAadhaar details through online
It is the easiest method but you can use only if you have got access to the internet banking facility. And the second thing the bank is giving the same facility.
1. Log into your internet bank account
2. After the login, you need to find the link Update Aadhaar Card Details or Aadhaar Card Seeding.
3. As you see any link, you need to click the same
4. Now you have to fill the Aadhaar card information in the respective fields.
5. Verify the details you entered and hit the submit button.
6. Now your application will be saved in the bankís database.
7. Officials of the bank will verify the information entered.
8. You will be notified through an email or SMS on your registered mobile number.
Submitting the Aadhaar and filling the application to the bank itself of the Offline method.
1. Get the form Aadhaar card and bank linking form through the Internet?
2. Take a print out of that form
3. Fill all the necessary details correctly
4. Fill your bank account number, address, and IFSC code
5. Fill your Aadhaar number correctly
6. After filling the form attach the photocopy of your Aadhaar card with that.
7. Now you submit the application form with the Aadhaar card to the bank official.
8. Bank will check your original Aadhaar card.
9. The official will keep your application form for further verification.
10. Once the details will be verified the bank will notify you.
In case you still have queries you can talk to the bank officials and get the job done.