How to Make a Correction in Aadhar Card: People usually make some or the other error in filling their Aadhar Card details for the first time. Today, the UIDAI has also offered a few initiatives via their online portal, wherein the citizens can rectify anything, update or make any corrections in their Aadhar Card. The Unique Identification Authority of India has made it easier for people to get their Aadhar card updated or corrected both online and offline.
So, in case of rectifications or any corrections to any data in your Aadhar Card, please follow the below-mentioned steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID on the Aadhar card.
How to Make a Correction in Aadhar Card
To Rectify Aadhar Card Details by Post:
- You have to visit https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf and download the “Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form”
- You have to manually fill the required details which you wish to change in your Aadhar card.
- Then, you have to get the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the form.
Lastly, you need to send the form along with documents to any one of the postal addresses as mentioned below:
- Address 1: UIDAI
- Post Box No. 10,
- Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
- Address 2: UIDAI
- Post Box No. 99,
- Banjara Hills,
- Hyderabad – 500034,
To Rectify Aadhar Card Details Online:
- You have to first visit the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
- If you have valid address proof ready and with you, you can click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window of the site, click here enter your twelve-digit Aadhar number which you already might have
- Then you have to enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP
- An OTP will then be sent to the mobile number that you have registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhar account for the update.
- Click for the tick on the Address option and click on the Submit button.
- Then you have to enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and then click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
- If you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option.
- Now you have to tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button.
- You then have to select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof as PDF and click on the “Submit” button.
- Then you have to click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit.
- The BPO service provider has the role to inspect if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forward your request to UIDAI.
- Your update request is then accepted after verification and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you.
This Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN). Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.