How to Make a Correction in Aadhar Card: People usually make some or the other error in filling their Aadhar Card details for the first time. Today, the UIDAI has also offered a few initiatives via their online portal, wherein the citizens can rectify anything, update or make any corrections in their Aadhar Card. The Unique Identification Authority of India has made it easier for people to get their Aadhar card updated or corrected both online and offline.
So, in case of rectifications or any corrections to any data in your Aadhar Card, please follow the below-mentioned steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID on the Aadhar card.
Every citizen of India is required to issue the Aadhar Card and is required to do so. It is not only centralized, it is also the Universal Identification Number. The meaning of Aadhaar in English is also the basis or the foundation. This word has come from the Hindi language.
UIDAI is an agency working on the Aadhaar system. The Unique Identification Authority of India is the full UIDAI form. The Aadhar card contains 12 digits and is unique. The Aadhar card is a biomedical document. Stores the details of an individual in a government database.
When the client receives the government’s Aadhar ticket, there is no need to delete the colour or black and white print from it. But sometimes the original Aadhar card is not reached to the user due to some problems. Only then should the client have to print the card using the source’s name or number.
The Aadhar card is a valid ID identification. Sharing this number of Aadhar cards is safe according to UIDAI’s statement, but this team also said it depends on the user’s own risk. If this information is given to the wrong people, this may be misused.
How to Make a Correction in Aadhar Card
The first user of the Aadhar card
Aadhar card scheme was unveiled on 29 September 2010 in Tembhli village located in Maharashtra State’s Nandurbar District in India. The first client of this system was Ranjana Sonawane.
The need for Aadhar card
Aadhar card is not only required to fill income tax but also to apply for a PAN card. Just use the exclusive printed digital 12 number code as a one-point source for all your needs.
Documents required for Aadhar Card
The client must receive Aadhar card from any Aadhaar registration center in India. 18 Proof of identity and 35 proof of address are required for issuing this card. Some of these are shown below:
- Bank statement.
- Birth certificate.
- SSC Leaving certificate.
- Passport-size photo.
- Ration card.
For issuing this card, there is no age limit. For this card, the whole country is allowed.
To Rectify Aadhar Card Details by Post
- You have to visit https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf and download the “Aadhar Data Update/Correction Form”
- You have to manually fill the required details which you wish to change in your Aadhar card.
- Then, you have to get the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the form.
Lastly, you need to send the form along with documents to any one of the postal addresses as mentioned below:
- Address 1: UIDAI
- Post Box No. 10,
- Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
- Address 2: UIDAI
- Post Box No. 99,
- Banjara Hills,
- Hyderabad – 500034,
To Rectify Aadhar Card Details Online
- You have to first visit the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
- If you have valid address proof ready and with you, you can click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window of the site, click here enter your twelve-digit Aadhar number which you already might have
- Then you have to enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP
- An OTP will then be sent to the mobile number that you have registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhar account for the update.
- Click for the tick on the Address option and click on the Submit button.
- Then you have to enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and then click on the “Submit Update Request” button.
- If you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option.
- Now you have to tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button.
- You then have to select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof as PDF and click on the “Submit” button.
- Then you have to click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit.
- The BPO service provider has the role to inspect if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forward your request to UIDAI.
- Your update request is then accepted after verification and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you.
This Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN). Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
Benefits of having Aadhaar card
- If the client has connected the Aadhaar card to the saving account, then he / she will be applicable to the saving account with zero balance.
- User must obtain a RuPay card to withdraw money from ATM services.
- Getting an Aadhaar card is a golden chance that the client can get the Passport in just 10 days.
- Subsidy deposited to save the user’s account when buying the LPG cylinder and certain items such as kerosene, sugar, rice, etc.
Digi locker system:
The Indian government unveiled the Digi locker device in 2015, also known as the Hidden Electronic Storage Device. This is mainly used to store personal documents such as Certificates, PAN card, Vote card or other documents as well. This depends entirely on what the client has to store.
It has a large space such as 1GB and is connected to the user’s Aadhaar card.
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Scheme:
This scheme was launched for the rural people in the year 2005. This program is aimed at providing a livelihood. The wages are paid directly to the bank account of the user.