How to link PAN with Aadhaar Card: For the purpose of making sure that the Income Tax Returns of applicants have been filed successfully, technically there are two major things that the regular taxpayer should ideally be taking care of – first is to ensure that the Aadhaar number is linked with PAN card and the next is to quote their Aadhaar number in proper Income Tax Returns.
Income Tax Act’s Section 139AA was implemented as of July 1st, 2017 and according to that, every person eligible for obtaining Aadhaar is mandated to quote his or her Aadhaar number at the time of applying for their PAN or filing their return of income.
When someone applies for a new PAN card, they will be asked to furnish their Aadhaar number. Using this, the government will be able to identify the true PAN holder through the Aadhaar number. In addition to that, linking Aadhaar with ITR and PAN card helps to strengthen the rules which are set in place concerning cash related transactions in the period post demonetization.
How to Link Pan With Aadhaar Card
Every citizen of India is required to issue the Aadhar Card and is required to do so. It is not only centralized, it is also the Universal Identification Number. The meaning of Aadhaar in English is also the basis or the foundation. This word has come from the Hindi language.
UIDAI is an agency working on the Aadhaar system. The Unique Identification Authority of India is the full UIDAI form. The Aadhar card contains 12 digits and is unique. The Aadhar card is a biomedical document. Stores the details of an individual in a government database.
When the client receives the government’s Aadhar ticket, there is no need to delete the colour or black and white print from it. But sometimes the original Aadhar card is not reached to the user due to some problems. Only then should the client have to print the card using the source’s name or number.
The Aadhar card is a valid ID identification. Sharing this number of Aadhar cards is safe according to UIDAI’s statement, but this team also said it depends on the user’s own risk. If this information is given to the wrong people, this may be misused.
The first user of the Aadhar card:
Aadhar card scheme was unveiled on 29 September 2010 in Tembhli village located in Maharashtra State’s Nandurbar District in India. The first client of this system was Ranjana Sonawane.
The need for Aadhar card
Aadhar card is not only required to fill income tax but also to apply for a PAN card. Just use the exclusive printed digital 12 number code as a one-point source for all your needs.
Documents required for Aadhar Card
The client must receive Aadhar card from any Aadhaar registration center in India. 18 Proof of identity and 35 proof of address are required for issuing this card. Some of these are shown below:
- Bank statement.
- Birth certificate.
- SSC Leaving certificate.
- Passport-size photo.
- Ration card.
For issuing this card, there is no age limit. For this card, the whole country is allowed.
Here are the steps that can be followed to link Aadhaar Card with PAN card
- The user or applicant has to go to the Income Tax e-Filing website so as to link their PAN card and Aadhaar card.
- They have to then enter their PAN card and their Aadhaar number in the form.
- They have to enter their name as that mentioned in their respective Aadhaar cards.
- In case only their birth year is mentioned on their Aadhaar card, they have to tick the allotted square for that.
- Then they have to enter the captcha code mentioned in the page in an image for verification.
- Then they have to click on the option called “Link Aadhaar”.
- A pop-up message will then appear which will indicate that their Aadhaar Card has successfully been linked with their PAN.
In order to link their Aadhar Card to PAN Card using SMS, the applicants have to follow these steps:
- The applicants have to type a message as per the format: UIDPAN <12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>
- They have to send the message to either 567678 or 56161 from their respective registered mobile numbers
- For example, in case their Aadhaar number is 123456789101 and their PAN number is ABCDE789Z, they have to type UIDPAN 123456789101 ABCDE789Z and they have to send the message to either 567678 or 56161
This is how the Aadhaar Card can be linked to PAN
Apart from this, it is very crucial to keep in mind that Aadhaar Card is one of the most important documents for an Indian citizen, and hence, it is your sole responsibility to safeguard your Aadhaar card, else it might be misused by hackers who might steal your information.
So, even while updating any detail of your Aadhaar Card, you need to ensure that you don’t share the details and the EID, UID or OTP in any case, with any third party person or vendor so that you can keep your details safe.
Benefits of having Aadhaar card
- If the client has connected the Aadhaar card to the saving account, then he / she will be applicable to the saving account with zero balance.
- User must obtain a RuPay card to withdraw money from ATM services.
- Getting an Aadhaar card is a golden chance that the client can get the Passport in just 10 days.
- Subsidy deposited to save the user’s account when buying the LPG cylinder and certain items such as kerosene, sugar, rice, etc.
Digi locker system:
The Indian government unveiled the Digi locker device in 2015, also known as the Hidden Electronic Storage Device. This is mainly used to store personal documents such as Certificates, PAN card, Vote card or other documents as well. This depends entirely on what the client has to store.
It has a large space such as 1GB and is connected to the user’s Aadhaar card.
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Scheme:
This scheme was launched for the rural people in the year 2005. This program is aimed at providing a livelihood. The wages are paid directly to the bank account of the user.