You might have applied for a new aadhar card which you didn’t received yet or you might have lost your identity card. In either case, you can download e-aadhar card from online which is a perfectly valid document for submitting as a proof. The UIDAI provides two methods for downloading e Aadhar card online. Each of these methods is described in detail here.
Download by Using Aadhar Number
This is a two step process. In the first step you have to provide your personal details and in the second step, you have to verify your mobile number. The steps are detailed below
- Open the UIDAI e-aadhar portal (https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/) in your browser.
- In the step1, “your personal details” section, choose I have Aadhar option.
- Complete the form by filling out all your personal details: Aadhar number, Name, and pin code.
- Solve the captcha and then click on the “Get one Time Password” button.
- After a few seconds, you will receive an OTP number to your registered mobile number. Please note that you should have the mobile number registered with your Aadhar card. Otherwise, you cannot download e-aadhar.
- In step2, “Enter OTP received and download your E-Aadhar”, Enter OTP and then click on “Validate & Download” button.
- After this, your Aadhar card will be downloaded in a PDF format. This PDF is password protected and the password to open this pdf is your pin code.
Download by Using Enrolment ID
This process is similar to the one which is already detailed in the earlier section. The only difference is you have to use enrolment id and the time which is printed on your acknowledgment slip.
- Visit the UIDAI website and select “I have Enrolment Id” Option.
- Enter the enrolment id, date and time printed on the acknowledgment slip.
- Fill out your name and pincode. You will get a one time password to your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to download your e-aadhar card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) Does E-Aadhar card is a valid document?
A) UIDAI has officially made a statement that e copy of aadhar card is valid and one can use it as a proof for opening any bank account, passport and linking with existing accounts.