Aadhar Card Correction Form Online: People usually make some or the other error in filling their Aadhar Card details for the first time. But then they think that they cannot rectify it any further and they decide to just go ahead with it.
But today, the UIDAI has also offered a few initiatives via their online portal, wherein the citizens can rectify anything, update or make any corrections in their Aadhar Card. This is basically in the form of an application form which is available online. The Unique Identification Authority of India has made it easier for people to get their Aadhar card updated or corrected both online and offline.
Aadhar Card Correction Form Online
So, in case of rectifications or any corrections to any data in your Aadhar Card, please follow the below-mentioned steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID on the Aadhar card.
To Rectify Aadhar Card Details Online:
You can follow these steps to change the details of your Aadhar card online:
- You have to first visit the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
- If you have valid address proof ready and with you, you can click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window of the site, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update enter your twelve-digit Aadhar number which you already might have
- Then you have to enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP
- An OTP will then be sent to the mobile number that you have registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhar account for the update
- Click for the tick on the Address option and click on the Submit button
- Then you have to enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and then click on the “Submit Update Request” button
- If you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option
- Now you have to tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- You then have to select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof as PDF and click on the “Submit” button
- Then you have to click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit
- The BPO service provider has the role to inspect if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forward your request to UIDAI.
- Your update request is then accepted after verification and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you
- This Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN). Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
Aadhar Card is one of the most important documents for an Indian citizen, and hence, it is your sole responsibility to safeguard your Aadhar card, else it might be misused by hackers who might steal your information.
POI (Proof of Identity) documents containing Name & Photo:
2. PAN Card.
3. Ration/ PDS Photo Card.
4. Voter ID.
5. Driving License.
6. Government Photo ID Cards/ Service photo identity card issued by PSU.
7. NREGS Job Card.
8. Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution.
9. Arms License.
10. Photo Bank ATM Card.
11. Photo Credit Card.
12. Pensioner Photo Card.
13. Freedom Fighter Photo Card.
14. Kissan Photo Passbook.
15. CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card.
16. Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts.
17. Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
18. Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/Administrations.
19. Bhamashah Card.
20. Certificate from Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/update.
21. Certificate of Identity having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
22. Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
23. Gazette notification for name change.
24. Marriage certificate with photograph.
25. RSBY Card.
26. SSLC book having candidates photograph.
27. ST/ SC/ OBC certificate with photograph.
28. School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing name and photograph.
29. Extract of School Records issued by Head of School containing name and photograph.
30. Bank Pass Book having name and photograph.
31. Certificate of Identity containing name and photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
32. Certificate of identity containing Name, DOB and Photograph issued by Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.
POR (Proof of Relationship) documents containing:
1. PDS Card.
2. MNREGA Job Card.
3. CGHS/ State Government/ ECHS/ ESIC Medical card.
4. Pension Card.
5. Army Canteen Card.
7. Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and other notified local government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
8. Any other Central/ State government issued family entitlement document.
9. Marriage Certificate issued by the government.
10. Address card having name and photo issued by the Department of Posts.
11. Bhamashah card.
12. Discharge card/ slip issued by Government hospitals for the birth of a child.
13. Certificate of Identify having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councillor or Gazetted Officer on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/update.
14. Certificate of Identity having photo and relationship with HoF issued by Village Panchayat Head or Mukhiya or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update.