Aadhar Card Correction Form Online: People usually make some or the other error in filling their Aadhar Card details for the first time. But then they think that they cannot rectify it any further and they decide to just go ahead with it.
But today, the UIDAI has also offered a few initiatives via their online portal, wherein the citizens can rectify anything, update or make any corrections in their Aadhar Card. This is basically in the form of an application form which is available online. The Unique Identification Authority of India has made it easier for people to get their Aadhar card updated or corrected both online and offline.
Aadhar Card Correction Form Online
So, in case of rectifications or any corrections to any data in your Aadhar Card, please follow the below-mentioned steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID on the Aadhar card.
To Rectify Aadhar Card Details Online:
You can follow these steps to change the details of your Aadhar card online:
- You have to first visit the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal
- If you have valid address proof ready and with you, you can click on “Update Address” else click on “Request for Address Validation Letter”
- In the new window of the site, https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update enter your twelve-digit Aadhar number which you already might have
- Then you have to enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP
- An OTP will then be sent to the mobile number that you have registered in UIDAI’s database.
- Enter this OTP to log in to your Aadhar account for the update
- Click for the tick on the Address option and click on the Submit button
- Then you have to enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and then click on the “Submit Update Request” button
- If you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option
- Now you have to tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
- You then have to select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof as PDF and click on the “Submit” button
- Then you have to click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit
- The BPO service provider has the role to inspect if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forward your request to UIDAI.
- Your update request is then accepted after verification and an Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you
- This Acknowledgement Slip contains the Update Request number (URN). Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.
Aadhar Card is one of the most important documents for an Indian citizen, and hence, it is your sole responsibility to safeguard your Aadhar card, else it might be misused by hackers who might steal your information.