Aadhaar Card Status by Name: The Aadhaar card has now become a key to various other documents like Pan cards, Identity cards, Passports, driving licenses, bank accounts, and many other processes. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) works under the Niti Ayog commission.
Aadhaar Card has an official website where all the details of the same can be found and that site is also controlled by the Unique Identification Authority of India. You can check the site at www.uidai.gov.in.
Aadhaar Card Status by Name
Initially, in 2009, not many people were comfortable with the data providing and data verification processes, and there were certain technical issues as well. And Aadhaar Card was manually handed over to the applicants back then – probably to the head of the particular household.
But today, UIDAI has launched an E-Aadhaar portal which provides the provision of downloading Aadhar card online after going through the registration process. This is a rather simple and effective measure, thus allowing easy access for the applicants.
To know the Aadhaar card status by name the applicant has to follow the below steps:
- You need to open the official website of government operated UIDAI organization. www.uidai.gov.in
- You need to search and select the option for Aadhaar Number (UID). By default, the same tab is selected there.
- Then you need to enter your name exactly the same as you had given at the time of registration for Aadhaar card.
- After entering your name, enter your email id and the registered mobile number. These need to be the same as that entered during registration of Aadhaar card.
- Enter the security captcha code as mentioned in the box.
- Finally, after filling in all required details, click on the option for “Get OTP”.
The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number, and it will be valid for a total of 5 minutes.
- Enter the OTP in the provided box and click on Verify OTP option.
- If the OTP is verified, there will be a pop-up on the screen displaying that the Aadhaar UID has been sent to your registered email ID and mobile number.
- In the mail or SMS received, you can download and check the Aadhaar card. You can also download the same at http://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in.
Prior to this initiative, there was no online system that a citizen could use to search for his/her Aadhaar card by his name. But the continuous developments and updates on the page have made it possible today to download all required information.
By the use of the name, registered email ID, and phone number. This is a rather simple and effective measure, thus allowing easy access for the applicants.
UIDAI strives to ensure the protection of the confidentiality of Indian citizens along with their identity information to achieve good governance. It values integrity and maintains regulations in accordance with the Aadhaar Act. This collaborative approach will certainly build a strong, transparent and sustainable Indian economy and help in good governance and transparency of processes.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status through UIDAI Portal:
The very common method of checking adhar card status is the online method. You can check the step-by-step guide provided below to track the Adhar status-
- Check out the official UIDAI website (https:/uidai.gov.in).
- Click on the “Check Aadhaar Status” link provided under Get Aadhar heading now on the homepage.
- Now enter the registration number, date/time, security code of the fields given, and click the “Check Status button.” Enrolment ID (EID) is shown at the top of the acknowledgment card.
- Finally, on your screen, you’ll get the Aadhar status.
- To register for an Aadhar card you will have to apply in person, but you don’t have to go physically to check its status and get it in hand. You can test your eaadhar card status when sitting on the internet at home.
Check Aadhar Card Status through Enrolment center or CSC center:
You may also visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment center to know about the Aadhar status, if you wish. The status would say that the application is being checked, whether it is satisfactory or not. If the status reveals that you have to wait, if it is denied then you have to re-register and if it is approved then you have to wait for it to be sent to your address or you can also access the E-Aadhar card that you have got.
Earlier, there was no system in place by which residents could check the status of AADHAR cards by name. We watched the development in this area very closely and we have now updated this page as soon as a system was in place whereby residents can now check the status of AADHAR cards by their name. If they wanted to be informed when a program was accessible where they could verify AADHAR card status by name and/or other demographic information, we asked them to leave their contact details (only valid email I d in the email box, please don’t have a phone number) and the correct message in the “Comments” area.
Earlier, the only way to check your AADHAR card status online was by slip details or by telephone via SMS.
It can take around 3 months (90 days) to collect the AADHAR card after you register at the AADHAR card centre. Please note: No system for checking AADHAR card status by name had been in place earlier. We have been very closely monitoring developments in this region. Finally, we have a system whereby we can check the status of AADHAR cards by name and download the AADHAR card online if it is ready.