Aadhaar Card Search by Name and Father Name: Aadhaar card is the twelve digits unique identification number issued to the citizens of India by Unique Identification Authority of India (under the Government of India) in 2009.
This card is one of the most vital documents of Indian citizen so as to provide them with a universal identification number and so, this is linked to all the official documents of an Indian citizen. There is no age limit for getting an Aadhaar Card – all people starting from a newborn to a senior citizen, everyone can avail the facilities of an Aadhaar Card.
Aadhaar Card Search by Name and Father Name
The Aadhaar card has now become a key to various other documents like Pan cards, Identity cards, Passports, driving licenses, bank accounts, and many other processes. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) works under the Niti Ayog commission. Aadhaar Card has an official website where all the details of the same can be found and that site is also controlled by the Unique Identification Authority of India. You can check the site at www.uidai.gov.in.
To search for the Aadhaar card number by father name, the applicant has to follow the below steps:
- You need to open the official website of government operated UIDAI organization. www.uidai.gov.in
- You need to search and select the option for Aadhaar Number (UID). By default, the same tab is selected there.
- Then you need to enter your name exactly the same as you had given at the time of registration for Aadhaar card.
- After entering your name, enter your email id and the registered mobile number. These need to be the same as that entered during registration of Aadhaar card.
- Enter the security captcha code as mentioned in the box.
- Finally, after filling in all required details, click on the option for “Get OTP”.
- The One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the registered email ID and mobile number, and it will be valid for a total of 5 minutes.
- Enter the OTP in the provided box and click on Verify OTP option.
- If the OTP is verified, there will be a pop-up on the screen displaying that the Aadhaar UID has been sent to your registered email ID and mobile number.
- In the mail or SMS received, you can download and check the Aadhaar card. You can also download the same at http://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in.
Prior to this initiative, there was no online system that a citizen could use to search for his/her Aadhaar card by his name. But the continuous developments and updates on the page have made it possible today to download all required information; by the use of the name, registered email ID and phone number.
This is a rather simple and effective measure, thus allowing easy access for the applicants.
UIDAI strives to ensure the protection of confidentiality of Indian citizens along with their identity information to achieve good governance. It values integrity and maintains regulations in accordance with the Aadhaar Act. This collaborative approach will certainly build a strong, transparent and sustainable Indian economy and help in good governance and transparency of processes.
Aadhaar Card Eligibility:
The eligibility criteria for an Aadhaar card is as follows:
- All Indian citizens are required to apply for an Aadhaar Card.
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians) living in the country for an ongoing 182-day period may apply.
How to Enrol for Aadhaar?
The application process for Aadhaar can be made from any registered Aadhaar Enrolment Center / Permanent Enrolment Centre. On the UIDAI website, you can find a full list of existing Aadhaar Enrolment Centres.
In an effort to simplify the enrolment process, the UIDAI has also authorized over 10,000 post offices and bank branches to act as Permanent Enrol Centres. To complete the enrolment process, applicants should take the three basic steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Locate the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center.
- Step 2: Fill up the application form and request the necessary documentation.
- Step 3: Full biometrics and obtain accreditation.
UIDAI has arranged the following methods of registration for applicants who do not have the necessary documents:
- Head of Family (HoF) based application:
Under this enrolment process, the Head of Family (with a valid Aadhaar) may submit documents proving its / her relationship with the applicant. If this information are checked successfully, the applicant’s enrolment will be processed.
- Introducer-based application:
For situations where the claimant has no clear identification proof or address papers, an Introducer approved by the Registrar may facilitate the enrolment process. You may contact the introductory via the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
Check Status of Aadhaar Application Online:
Applicants wishing to check the status of their Aadhaar application may do so via the official UIDAI website. You may need to remember your registration number, which can be found on the acknowledgment slip after your application has been submitted.
The UIDAI has made available various Aadhaar processes and features related services to make the Aadhaar process more transparent and streamlined. Below is a short summary of each:
For verifying Aadhaar Number:
Applicants may test if their Aadhaar card is working or has been disabled as follows:
- Visit the website of UIDAI, and press on the line ‘My Aadhaar.’
- Click on the tab ‘Verify Aadhaar Number,’ and enter your Aadhaar number along with the CAPTCHA protection.
- Your current Aadhaar Card status will appear on the screen.
Find a comprehensive guide to Verify Aadhaar Number.
Verify mobile number or email registered with Aadhaar:
When applying for an Aadhaar card, it is advisable to include an email address and mobile number, as it makes it easier to get service updates. As a candidate, you can also get updates remotely about new features or information that are important to your Aadhaar. Follow the above steps to check your Aadhaar Mobile Number or E-mail Address.
Retrieve your Aadhaar number:
UIDAI has streamlined the method of recovery whether you have forgotten your Aadhaar Passport or damaged it. By following the steps listed below you may download your Aadhaar Passport, VID, or EID electronically.
It is important to note that accessing Aadhaar information lets you register a mobile number.